compensation: $19.08-$22.08 per hour employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Victim Services Worker, Cranbrook & Kimberley RCMP Victim Services
Contract: Permanent Part time
Summit Community Services Society is seeking applicants for a Victim Services Worker in the Cranbrook RCMP Victim Services Section. Under supervision of the Manager, responsibilities for this position include crisis intervention services, providing emotional support to victims and witnesses of crime and trauma, informing clients about the progress of court cases as well as conducting court orientations and accompanying clients to court, providing information to victims regarding agencies available to provide assistance plus establishing and maintaining client files.
20 hours per week (potentially more)
Shift Flexibility (weekends, evenings) is required as work may vary
Carry a crisis response cell phone as part of after hours on call service
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
• Completion of the 12th school grade, supplemented by courses in the field of social science including sociology, psychology, criminology or a related discipline, plus considerable related experience in a police environment, victim services program, OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Considerable knowledge of the practices and techniques of crisis intervention and follow-up support as related to the work performed.
• Clear understanding of the boundaries, limitations and safety standards in the provision of crisis intervention services.
• Considerable knowledge of principles, practices and terminology used in documenting client contacts and maintaining related files.
• Sound knowledge of available community resources.
• Working knowledge of court and police procedures as they relate to the work performed.
• Ability to effectively provide direct services to victims and witnesses of crime and trauma, including emotional support, information and referrals, often under stressful circumstances.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
• Possess a valid BC Driver's License with safe driving record
• Have access to a reliable vehicle
• Pass and maintain an RCMP Enhanced Reliability and Security Clearance
Applicants must include cover letter and resume
Please submit resume to:
Scott MacLEOD, Program Manager
Cranbrook RCMP Detachment 31 - 11th Ave S, Cranbrook, BC V1C 2N9 or
Email to show contact info
Closing Date: September 27, 2018 at 4:30 pm MST
Thank you for your interest.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers